geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Meaning of the Numbers in the $GERONIMO_HOME\config_store?
Date Sun, 14 Nov 2004 06:47:36 GMT
On Nov 13, 2004, at 8:24 PM, Seth Ladd wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 15:11:46 +0100, Ralf Barkow <rgb@tiscali.de> wrote:
>>                 In the file
>> $GERONIMO_HOME/config-store/index.properties
>> behind your configID you will find the number/subdirectory where
>> geronimo deployed your war file.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Do you know why there is this level of indirection?

Configuration identifiers are URIs and can contain characters that are
not valid on the target file system.  Also, if we use the configuration
identifier as the directory name, an upgrade of that configuration
would require first removing the entire configuration and writing a new
one.  This would not allow us to recover in the case of a deployment
failure.

-dain