geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Богатырев Сергей <Z...@elsigroup.ru>
Subject web application descriptor
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:48:28 GMT
Hi,

I have deployed web application in Jetty without any changes in deployment
descriptor.
But with geronimo (geronimo-1.0-M2) deployment descriptor in web-app_2_3.dtd
format do not works. Geronimo requires web-app_2_4.xsd.

I removed doctype:

<!DOCTYPE web-app

and changed <web-app> to

http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd" version="2.4">.

After I enclosed tablibs in jsp-config element and then I could deploy the
application. It started working.

Possibly, such situation is not a problem or an error, but I found dtd-s in
geronimo project tree (modules\j2ee-schema\src\j2ee_1_3dtd).

So, why "web-app_2_3.dtd" descriptor format is not working? And are there
some ways to make "web-app_2_3.dtd"-formated descriptor working without
reformating them to another descriptor format?

Serg Bogatyrjov.