geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: geronimo/jetty https?
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 15:52:36 GMT
toby cabot wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'd like to experiment with running Geronimo/Jetty with https.  I
> can't find much info on the wiki or google, so here I am with hat in
> hand asking if anyone has some pointers.  For example, does Geronimo
> come up with https enabled already?  If not where should I start to
> look?

Don't know if it has been tried yet but should just work using the
HTTPSConnector.

You should just need to add another WebConnector with a GBean defn
something like:

     <gbean
name="geronimo.server:type=WebConnector,container=Jetty,port=8443"
class="org.apache.geronimo.jetty.connector.HTTPSConnector">
         <attribute name="port" type="int">8443</attribute>
         <reference
name="JettyContainer">geronimo.server:type=WebContainer,container=Jetty</reference>
         <!--        <attribute name="MaxConnections"
type="int">10</attribute>-->
         <!--        <attribute name="MaxIdleTime"
type="int">10</attribute>-->
     </gbean>

either by modding the system plan, or in a child configuration.

Same should go for AJP.

You might need to do some work setting up the keystore - it should
default to Jetty's but if you want to take a shot at adding a GBean
managed keystore to Geronimo I think it would be useful.

--
Jeremy