geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Sai Arunachalam <sai.arunacha...@gmail.com>
Subject JDBCDataSource in Geronimo
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 18:42:20 GMT
Hi,
     What do I do to bind a JNDI Name to a datasource in Geronimo? I
have a couple of EJB modules that refer to the datasource using the
resource reference descriptor. In weblogic 6.1 there is a separate
file called config.xml alongwith each application that is deployed
which has various tags like <JDBCConnectionPool> and <JDBCDataSource>.

Now if the EJB refers to a datasource using the reference name (like
jdbc/EstoreDataSource), how do I specify a DataSource and bind it to a
JNDI Name in Geronimo?

In WebLogic 6.1 this is done as follows in the config.xml:

<JDBCDataSource JNDIName="jdbc.InventoryDB" Name="InventoryDB"
PoolName="petStorePool" Targets="petstoreServer">

Thanks in advance,
Sai