geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Sai Arunachalam <>
Subject Geronimo JNDI properties
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:02:59 GMT
     I am trying to run a stateless session HelloWorld example that
comes with MasteringEJB2 (it is meant for WebLogic 6.1) on Geronimo.
The HelloWorld.jar gets deployed on the server and I am able to start
the server with the appropriate configId but ain't able to run the
client. I am getting the following exception:

Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: HelloHome
        at com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(
        at com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(
        at examples.HelloClient.main(

My openejb-jar.xml is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<openejb-jar xmlns=""

The original command given in the example to run the client was as follows:

-Djava.naming.provider.url=t3://localhost:7001 examples.HelloClient

java.policy is the following two lines:
grant {^M
        permission "*","listen,accept,connect";^M

I give the following command:

java -classpath ./Hello.jar:/home/TU1/j2ee/j2sdkee1.3.1/lib/j2ee.jar
-Djava.naming.provider.url=rmi://localhost examples.HelloClient

Am I wrong with JNDI properties for Geronimo or is it something else?

Thanks in help,

View raw message