geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: JDBCDataSource in Geronimo
Date Sat, 28 Aug 2004 02:36:30 GMT
Gianny Damour wrote:

> - Standard compliant: you can use the JDBC resource adapter implemented
> as part of the OpenEJB project. This is the mechanism that I am using as
> it is "portable" to some extent.

You can also use the generic Connector that comes with TranQL
(http://cvs.tranql.codehaus.org/connector/) which has a couple of
advantages: it is pure Apache license and it is a J2CA 1.5 implementation.

> AFAIK, the issue with this guy is that OpenEJB will not support the CMR.
> Having said that, based on the fact that we only have OTO relations, I
> think that I could "hack" something.

CMR support is present in the lower level TranQL code but is not enabled
by the deployer. It should be fairly simple to add this into the
deployment code to support these. The same should also apply to the
compound PK code. I may have a chance to get to that over the next week
or so bur please ping me if you have any questions.

--
Jeremy