geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: ClassCastException when deloying petstore
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 11:58:40 GMT
On 26/08/2004 9:27 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> Rajesh Ravindran wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I got the following ClassCastException while trying to deploy the
>> petstore application. Could any of you tell me what could be the
>> problem.
>>
>> Thanks in advance Rajesh
>>
>> Here is the stack trace of the same:
>>
>> java.lang.ClassCastException
>>         at
>> org.openejb.deployment.OpenEJBModuleBuilder.addGBeans(OpenEJBModuleBuilder.java:576)

> Would you describe what you had done till the exception occured? I'm
> really interested in your findings on deploying PetStore onto
> Geronimo. Is there anything not included in
> http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/PetStore? I don't remember the
> exception so you're a way ahead of me, grrr... :)

Rajesh thanks for your help!

At this very moment, I am giving a try to petstore 1.1.2. I have just
improved the deployment descriptor convertion such that the <env-entry>
elements are also sorted (this was a previous problem reported by Rajesh
and I thought that he was deploying his own Web app).

I have just been able to reproduce this ClassCastException and I will
debug this issue.

Jacek, I do have a favor to ask you: could you please have a look to
this OpenEJB patch http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/OPENEJB-8. It enables
OpenEJBModuleBuilder to use the alternate spec and vendor specific DD.
This way, it is possible to unpack the PetStore EAR and specific
alternate DD for all the defined EJBs without having to open them (this
is quite handy).

Thanks,
Gianny