geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: what is the role of "mapping.properties" and what are its entries specify.<eom>
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 11:45:06 GMT
Hi,

Well, I don't know, but did a search and found this:

$ find . -name "mapping.properties" -print
./modules/security/src/test-data/data/mapping.properties
./modules/security/target/test-classes/data/mapping.properties

$ cat ./modules/security/src/test-data/data/mapping.properties
##
##
##   Copyright 2004 The Apache Software Foundation
##
##   Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
##   you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
##   You may obtain a copy of the License at
##
##       http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
##
##   Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
##   distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
##   WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or
implied.
##   See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
##   limitations under the License.
##

izumi=a:A:pa
alan=b:B:pb
george=c:C:pc
gracie=d:D:pd
metro=e:E:pe

I guess these are users and their passwords. It's in the security
module, so I'd believe it's like /etc/passwd on Unix.

BTW, Why do you ask about it? Have you stepped on a problem?

Best,
Jacek