geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <>
Subject Re: Geronimo JNDI properties
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:13:45 GMT
toby cabot wrote:

> My understanding is that at the moment OpenEJB uses its own JNDI
> provider so you can get the property values, etc from
> .  The only caveat that I'd
> add is that it doesn't look as if OpenEJB picks up the properties from
> the system properties so you need to specify them explicitly (like
> they do on that page).

Just saw the thread, and I'm concerned with the system properties and
the JNDI factories. Would you send me an example that proves it?

OpenEJB provides two InitialContext factories: the Local and Remote one
and they (try to) work as mandated by the JNDI spec. I must admit I'm
really puzzled as to why it didn't work with the system properties. The
example would help a lot.

View raw message