geronimo-user mailing list archives

From toby cabot <t...@caboteria.org>
Subject Re: Geronimo JNDI properties
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 17:48:05 GMT
On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 07:32:59PM +0530, Sai Arunachalam wrote:
> Hi,
>      I am trying to run a stateless session HelloWorld example that
> comes with MasteringEJB2 (it is meant for WebLogic 6.1) on Geronimo.

My understanding is that at the moment OpenEJB uses its own JNDI
provider so you can get the property values, etc from
http://www.openejb.org/hello-world.html .  The only caveat that I'd
add is that it doesn't look as if OpenEJB picks up the properties from
the system properties so you need to specify them explicitly (like
they do on that page).

> The HelloWorld.jar gets deployed on the server and I am able to start
> the server with the appropriate configId but ain't able to run the
> client. I am getting the following exception:
>
> Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: HelloHome

This looks like a JNDI error so I'd check the properties from the
above page and try again.