geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DISCUSS geronimo-security_1.0_spec content unclear
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2019 21:34:23 GMT
> On Sep 4, 2019, at 6:04 AM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:
>
> No, this is an intended situation.
> When one fully passes the TCK then you get the EFSL. This 'removes' the copyleft nature
of the EPL.
> The details are quite nested in the legal papers, but that's it basically.
>
> If we just upgrade our existing API to be binary compat then we have no IP issues.

I'm not sure I understand what's being said with the above.

If it is helpful I can add to the conversation:

 - The EFSL only applies to specification PDF, HTML and Javadoc.  It does not apply to the
API jars.
 - The EFSL is not an OSI-approved license and not Approved by the Apache Board as safe to
ship.

-David