geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject [DISCUSS] implement jakarta spec apis
Date Fri, 03 May 2019 13:50:23 GMT
hi folks!

You might have read todays post from Mike Milinkovich.

https://eclipse-foundation.blog/2019/05/03/jakarta-ee-java-trademarks/

It basically says that Jakarta will not be able to change a single bit in the current spec
apis under the javax.* package.
Any change has to be done in a different package.
The Jakarta people over at Eclipse already did some voting and the new package name will be
jakarta.*

Thus I would like to recommend to use our IP clean geronimo-specs to setup a new project for
the EE8 specs under the jakarta.* package name.

I'll go forward and create a branch starting with the most important specs.

Any feedback and help is welcome!

LieGrue,
strub