geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Raymond Auge <raymond.a...@liferay.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] implement jakarta spec apis
Date Sat, 04 May 2019 15:47:04 GMT
One thing to consider is there may be cases where it is desirable to retain
the javax API alongside some extra jakarta packages & types.

For example, for JAX-RS you may wish to add some newly defined jakarta
types (part of a new spec) which interact over the original javax API.

The result might be that "Jakarta EE REST" (a fictitious name for next
JAX-RS) might contain a subset of packages which, in combination with JAXRS
v2.1, also qualifies as "Jakarata EE Rest".

- Ray

 (@rotty3000)
 (@Liferay)