geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] implement jakarta spec apis
Date Sat, 04 May 2019 19:49:07 GMT
Le sam. 4 mai 2019 à 21:44, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> a écrit :

> The problem is that in a git repo you can only release all at once. That
> means we would need to have a single git repo for each and every spec. That
> will be quite many...

No, maven plugins was a monorepo for years and then they split.

That said i proposed that exactly for that. At the end the release process
is more on jira dev etc, one or N repos does not compress that time.
Release prepare/perform is very fast on these repo so one or 100 is likely
the same for release manager and seems it will also enable better osgi
support and probably - hopefully - enable servicemix to stop forking the
fork ;).

I also see svn as legacy now gitbox is mainstream and people contributing
like to see their name in - I expect maybe some help for new spec as we got
for each new version.
Fixed are generally trivial there and a good reason to use github.