geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] implement jakarta spec apis
Date Sat, 04 May 2019 19:12:24 GMT
I’d keep that in svn because of the tons of modules.

Lg,
Strub

> Am 04.05.2019 um 19:28 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com>:
>
> We mainly fork for legal reasons and defaults so name is probably not critical while
we respect module names.

> Btw do we do it in gitbox? Svn had some limitations by the past for contributions.
>
>> Le sam. 4 mai 2019 à 17:47, Raymond Auge <raymond.auge@liferay.com> a écrit
:
>> One thing to consider is there may be cases where it is desirable to retain the javax
API alongside some extra jakarta packages & types.

>> For example, for JAX-RS you may wish to add some newly defined jakarta types (part
of a new spec) which interact over the original javax API.

>> The result might be that "Jakarta EE REST" (a fictitious name for next JAX-RS) might
contain a subset of packages which, in combination with JAXRS v2.1, also qualifies as "Jakarata
EE Rest".

>> - Ray
>>
>>> On Sat, May 4, 2019 at 11:26 AM Raymond Auge <raymond.auge@liferay.com>
wrote:
>>> so is this a matter of forking all the current specs into the new namespace?
Or is the intention to completely change the packages in-place?

>>> - Ray

fully donated but can have missed some details.

what parts did yet get donated by Oracle to the EF.

single bit in the current spec apis under the javax.* package.
and the new package name will be jakarta.*

to setup a new project for the EE8 specs under the jakarta.* package name.