geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] implement jakarta spec apis
Date Fri, 03 May 2019 16:23:48 GMT
No, it is not the same. microprofile specs are licensed under ALv2 and we know all the legal
details.
For the EE specs this is by far not the same. We don't even know exactly what parts did yet
get donated by Oracle to the EF.

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 03.05.2019 um 18:12 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi
>
> Idnt it the exact same as for microprofile? So we dont do?
>
> Le ven. 3 mai 2019 à 16:21, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> a écrit :
> I've started tinkering something under specs/branches/jakarta.
> It's wip but have to rush out for a few hours now.
> Will continue later today.
>
> LieGrue,
> strub
>

> > Am 03.05.2019 um 15:50 schrieb Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de>:
> >
> > hi folks!
> >
> > You might have read todays post from Mike Milinkovich.
> >
> > https://eclipse-foundation.blog/2019/05/03/jakarta-ee-java-trademarks/
> >
> > It basically says that Jakarta will not be able to change a single bit in the current
spec apis under the javax.* package.
> > Any change has to be done in a different package.
> > The Jakarta people over at Eclipse already did some voting and the new package name
will be jakarta.*

> > Thus I would like to recommend to use our IP clean geronimo-specs to setup a new
project for the EE8 specs under the jakarta.* package name.