geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject asm7 preparation
Date Sun, 30 Sep 2018 17:44:57 GMT
Hi guys,

Asm 7 beta was released yesterday, I'd like to try to release it ASAP.
I see 1 main point to discuss before releasing: do we keep the version in
the package and module name? For now it is required cause we cant guarantee
anything about asm compatibility.

Options I see are:
1. drop asm and use bcel (which is asf)
2. drop asm and reimplement bytecode parsing for our need (but will create
issue in most of our stack for proxy creation IMHO)
3. keep it like that
4. use an "asm.*" package crossing fingers

I'd love 4 but I fear it can create issue quickly when I see what java is
becoming so, personally, i think 3 is safe but since we are at "that"
moment I'd like to get your feedback.

Side note: if I get no other vote than 3 before tuesday, i'll try to launch
the release on tuesday with asm7 module and package to let us get it out.

Romain Manni-Bucau