geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jwt-auth CDI base version
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2018 10:24:55 GMT
MP has made it very clear they don't care about portable libraries, and
only care about the vendor provided solutions.  The requirement is that
vendors provide a CDI 1.2 runtime to use.  Liberty provides a way to switch
between them (1.2, 2.0).  I think Swarm may have moved to 2.0; not sure.

I think Safeguard also compiles against CDI 2.0, but I don't think I'm
using any 2.0 features in it so it may run properly against 1.2.

Personally, if we have a user who wants it for 1.2, and the effort is
minimal we should appease that user to help build out the community.

John