geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject How the Geronimo Site is built (currently)
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2018 22:38:19 GMT
Posting this in email, so we don't lose track of the info gathered today.

The Geronimo site is built via buildbot against an SVN directory.

The buildbot config:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/buildbot/aegis/buildmaster/master1/projects/geronimo.conf
The SVN dir: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/site/trunk/

It's a regular build_cms script.  That script points to another shell
script, update-site, which points to a maven pom.xml with dependencies and
java execution.

The conf directory includes a set of config files per confluence space that
we export.
The template directory includes a set of template files, also one per
confluence space we export (there's a 1:1 between space, template and
config file, all three must exist)

On the buildbot slave, the settings.xml file includes a profile called
"confluence" (anyone can use this profile locally).  It expects two
properties, a confluence username and password.  You just need read access
to the space to run it.  The bulk of the work is executed by
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/web/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/cwiki/SiteExporter.java
 .

John