geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Reading microprofile-config.properties from a WAR file in an Arquillian test
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2017 18:05:29 GMT
I have the following deployment used in an Arquillian test:

    @Deployment
    public static WebArchive createDeployment() {
        String propertyName = SimpleGetApi.class.getName()+"/mp-rest/url";
        String value = getStringURL();
        return ShrinkWrap.create(WebArchive.class)
            .addClass(SimpleGetApi.class)
            .addAsManifestResource(new StringAsset(propertyName+"="+value),
"microprofile-config.properties")
            .addAsManifestResource(EmptyAsset.INSTANCE, "beans.xml");
    }

When I use this, Geronimo Config says it can't find the property.  When I
instead change to use a JAR file, it's loaded correctly.

So is this file in the right location in the WAR?

fa5a7db1-3692-4d52-b663-302c2a91241b.war:
/WEB-INF/
/WEB-INF/classes/
/WEB-INF/classes/org/
/WEB-INF/classes/org/eclipse/
/WEB-INF/classes/org/eclipse/microprofile/
/WEB-INF/classes/org/eclipse/microprofile/rest/
/WEB-INF/classes/org/eclipse/microprofile/rest/client/
/WEB-INF/classes/org/eclipse/microprofile/rest/client/tck/
/WEB-INF/classes/org/eclipse/microprofile/rest/client/tck/interfaces/
/WEB-INF/classes/org/eclipse/microprofile/rest/client/tck/interfaces/SimpleGetApi.class
/META-INF/
/META-INF/microprofile-config.properties
/META-INF/beans.xml

Or should GConfig be looking for it in WEB-INF/classes/META-INF?

And the other half of my question, is this a GConfig issue or a MP Config
issue?

John