geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Better ways to add to an Arquillian deployment?
Date Sun, 08 Oct 2017 16:54:36 GMT
Hey guys (maybe Mark specifically?)

A number of people have been copying the pattern you helped create, where
we use an archive appender in Arquillian to add test classes.  This works,
however it causes an issue.

I opened a bug against Arquillian, because deployments that expect
exceptions to be thrown are not testable.  Deployments that are not
testable do not execute archive appenders.  I have a proposed fix, but the
API is ugly.

So I'm wondering, are there any other ideas to get tests running when
deployment exceptions are expected?  Otherwise I think I'll end up having
to import the tests and modify them to mirror the results.  It will mean
needing to duplicate this group of tests:
https://github.com/apache/geronimo-safeguard/blob/master/safeguard-tck-tests/pom.xml#L80-L96

John