geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Update on Safeguard
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2017 13:32:56 GMT
If we can push this change to mp-config and JSR-382 then I'd put it into config.
LieGrue,strub

    On Saturday, 28 October 2017, 14:09:37 GMT+2, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org>
wrote:

 Hey guys
I pushed up a pretty big commit last night which adds bulkhead support.  Lots of pain in
the TCK in that area, if it was clearer what was going on I would have been done a few weeks
ago :-(
Anyways, with that commit the last actual Fault Tolerance feature is done.  There's two areas
left:
- Configuration overriding- Configuration validation on deployment
I already know there's an issue with the TCK in the validation area.  I still plan to add
it, but the TCK tests likely won't pass due to an Arquillian bug (the issue I previously mentioned
on list).
With configuration overriding there's a single TCK test that only checks two attributes are
configurable.  The spec makes a blanket statement.  I'm going to create additional tests
to verify everything.  However, there's one implicit issue.
The spec, with the blanket statement, is assuming that I can convert probably from a comma
separated String into a Class<? extends Throwable>[] as well as convert to a ChronoUnit.
I see two approaches.  One is to put those converters into GConfig the other is to put them
into Safeguard.
I'm of the opinion that if FT needed these converters, they should have ensured they were
built in to config.  This would have ensured that proper formats were supported.
John