geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sagar Khanna <khanna.sa...@gmail.com>
Subject maven dependency error due to malformed geronimo specs pom
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2017 05:45:20 GMT
Hello,

I’ve inherited this project that uses apache activemq-spring in one of the projects and
the version that’s in use has a dependency on "org.apache.geronimo.specs:specs:pom:1.1”

When running "mvn clean install” on the project I get this exception:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project <REDACTED>  Could not resolve dependencies
for project <REDACTED>:<REDACTED>:war:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Failed to collect dependencies
at org.apache.activemq:activemq-spring:jar:5.15.0 -> org.apache.activemq:activemq-pool:jar:5.15.0
-> org.apache.activemq:activemq-jms-pool:jar:5.15.0 -> org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-jta_1.0.1B_spec:jar:1.0.1:
Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-jta_1.0.1B_spec:jar:1.0.1:
Could not find artifact org.apache.geronimo.specs:specs:pom:1.1 in <REDACTED>

However when I run maven with -X flag I get the underlying error: "Failed to read artifact
descriptor”

When I try to download this file from my artifactory mirror of maven2 central then I get this
error:
"Failed to transform pom file: Failed to read POM for 'org/apache/geronimo/specs/specs/1.1/specs-1.1.pom':
expected START_TAG or END_TAG not TEXT (position: TEXT seen ...</developers>\\n `\\n

This led me to checking the file in maven2 central as per the link below and if you look at
the file closely you’ll find that after the </developers> tag on line 90 there is
a single quote which is the TEXT that artifactory is complaining about in the error message
above so the XML is malformed.

This is the file in question:
https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/specs/specs/1.1/specs-1.1.pom <https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/specs/specs/1.1/specs-1.1.pom>

I’m being told that we can’t easily upgrade to the a later version so wanted to ask here
if its possible to fix this version or is upgrade the only option or am I missing something
else here?

Thanks.