geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject [xbean] mjars handling
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2017 14:53:03 GMT
Hi guys,

how do we want to handle multi release jars?

concretely we need to:

1. check it is activated in the manifest.mf
2. if 1 is "true" then check META-INF/versions/<x>/<fqn>.class exists and
read it instead of <fqn>.class

This logic is not hard by itself but has some implication in term of perf
since for *each* class we can end up doing this validation.

Do we want to do it the other way? read it all, put the
META-INF/versions/<current> in another bucket  and merge it after. My
assumption is META-INF/versions/* will be way smaller than the opposite so
we would just go through the archive once avoiding all the double checks
and just have an iteration over a small set of classes during the merge
phase at the end.

wdyt?

Romain Manni-Bucau