geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Other MP Specs @ Geronimo?
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2017 23:58:56 GMT
> On Sep 4, 2017, at 4:56 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:
>
> So I want to pick back up at least with fault tolerance.  Would anyone be opposed to
starting up a repo on it?  I'm thinking of the name "Safeguard" so that it would either be
"org.apache.safeguard" or "org.apache.geronimo.safeguard" as group id in maven (xbean uses
the former, config the latter).

I have a strong preference for “org.apache.safeguard" over “org.apache.geronimo.safeguard”.
 We have 14 years of Google search results to work against and a few million developers brains
that say Geronimo is an app server.  Every time we put “Geronimo” on something, it’s
a strike against Hammok, Meecrowave and TomEE and any MP implementation that may want to use
it but not confuse the world that “Geronimo is back".

If we do want a parent package, I repeat we can use org.apache.xbean if we like.  It was meant
for common reusable stuff.  We do not need to shackle ourselves with any self-imposed restrictions
like “xbean needs to be all released at once”.  That was only done out of laziness.

-David