geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] Announcement for Geronimo Config release
Date Sun, 17 Sep 2017 07:37:03 GMT
How about "MicroProfile component specification" ?

"first implementation of a MicroProfile component specification here at Apache"

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins

> On Sep 16, 2017, at 11:06 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> "MP specific specification"? MP 1.0 not being anything special (just referencing EE without
bringing more consistency or features) it can work and be less ambiguous than "subcomponent"
which means not much to me, wdyt?

> Le 17 sept. 2017 05:05, "David Blevins" <david.blevins@gmail.com <mailto:david.blevins@gmail.com>>
a écrit :
>> On Sep 15, 2017, at 5:43 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org <mailto:johndament@apache.org>>
wrote:

>> On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 2:36 PM David Blevins <david.blevins@gmail.com <mailto:david.blevins@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>>> On Sep 14, 2017, at 3:54 AM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org <mailto:johndament@apache.org>>
wrote:

>>> as well as being the first release of a MicroProfile specification implementation
here at Apache

>> Note TomEE is the first MP implementation at Apache.  We intentionally defined MP
1.0 as a subset of the WebProfile so all servers were by default MP compatible.  TomEE, WildFly,
Payara and Liberty were all used in the MP 1.0 Conference demo and initial presentations.

>> Sure, are you asking me to rephrase it? I'm referring to the individual components,
rather than the overall MicroProfile umbrella.

> Yeah, maybe use "first implementation of a MicroProfile sub-component here at Apache"
or something similar.

> MP 1.0, 1.1 are all MicroProfile specifications as well, so someone with that perspective
will read "MicroProfile specification implementation" differently than intended.