geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] retire/EOL the Geronimo Server part?
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2017 22:38:12 GMT
> On Sep 8, 2017, at 2:42 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I think i get your point of view.  Ill note that i didnt participate in this vote but
my POV is that we were only voting on item 1, retire the server.

> The fact that new components are coming in is a different item.  If the goal is to shut
down G and moving elsewhere and everyone is in agreement thats fine.  I suspect not everyone
is in agreement.

> If for instance there's a strong opinion to incubate potential sub projects that can
happen as well.  But i dont think we are saying at this time that G is now EE commons.

Thanks for this.  It does help clarify.

-David