geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] Announcement for Geronimo Config release
Date Sun, 17 Sep 2017 03:05:06 GMT
> On Sep 15, 2017, at 5:43 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:
>

> On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 2:36 PM David Blevins <david.blevins@gmail.com <mailto:david.blevins@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>> On Sep 14, 2017, at 3:54 AM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org <mailto:johndament@apache.org>>
wrote:

>> as well as being the first release of a MicroProfile specification implementation
here at Apache

> Note TomEE is the first MP implementation at Apache.  We intentionally defined MP 1.0
as a subset of the WebProfile so all servers were by default MP compatible.  TomEE, WildFly,
Payara and Liberty were all used in the MP 1.0 Conference demo and initial presentations.

> Sure, are you asking me to rephrase it? I'm referring to the individual components, rather
than the overall MicroProfile umbrella.

Yeah, maybe use "first implementation of a MicroProfile sub-component here at Apache" or something
similar.

MP 1.0, 1.1 are all MicroProfile specifications as well, so someone with that perspective
will read "MicroProfile specification implementation" differently than intended.

-David