geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] geronimo-jcdi_2.0 spec jar
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2017 11:38:14 GMT
Hi Guillaume!

I totally agree, but does this really block this release?
I just moved over the OSGi setup from jcdi-1.1 and changed the versions.
Is there any OSGi related bug I did overlook or is the support so far not enough?

Would it work for you to get this version out of the door and then ship some patches which
improve OSGi support?
I'd happy to also work on improved OSGi support over at OpenWebBeans.
But that's kind of 'improvement' and not a blocker for a release again imo, isn't?

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 27.06.2017 um 13:29 schrieb Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@apache.org>:
>
> -0
>
> It would be nice to have all the new specs released in an OSGi compatible way or not
include OSGi support.  The current state (OSGi metadata, but no way to find the provider)
is not very satisfying imho.

> Hi!
>
> I'd like to call a VOTE on releasing our geronimo-jcdi_2.0 spec jar in version 1.0
> This is the API for CDI-2.0. The artifact does pass the CDI TCK and is binary compatible
with the official artifact (signature comparison passed).