geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] geronimo-jcdi_2.0 spec jar
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2017 12:59:50 GMT
I think there was a new spec paper wording for transaction in EE8.
But I have no information whether there also was any API change?

Do you as EJB EG member have more information on that?

txs and LieGrue,
strub

> Am 27.06.2017 um 14:55 schrieb Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <jeanouii@gmail.com>:
>
> I agree. If you could fixing the OSGi issues that'd be great.
>
> In addition to OWB, Meecrowave could also benefit from it.
> BTW, if we could check and validate the transaction spec, that'd be fantastic.
>

> Le mar. 27 juin 2017 à 14:38, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> a écrit :
> txs and ping :D
>
> Nah, seriously, we are in the process of releasing OWB-2.0 _very_ soon.
> OWB already passes the CDI 2.0 TCK!
>
> So it would be really great if you could take a look and help us with OSGi support!
> It would be awesome if OWB would 'just work' in Karaf and other ASF OSGi projects!
>
> txs and LieGrue,
> strub
>

> > Am 27.06.2017 um 14:32 schrieb Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@apache.org>:
> >
> > Changing my vote to +1.
> >
> > And feel free to ping me when preparing a release so that I can have a look at the
OSGi stuff.

> > +1
> >
> > We should also fix the point John raised.
> > John, you should now have committer rights, could you plz raise a ticket and commit
it? :D

> > @Guillaume, I think we currently only have 2 binding votes (Romain and me), so any
'help' would be appreciated ;)

> > That reminds we that the osgi module in OWB surely also needs some proper review.
> > It used to work in 2010 on Equinox, but never used it ever since.
> > So it might be good to check whether it is a.) still needed and b.) works at all
these days ;)

> > txs and LieGrue,
> > strub
> >
> > > Am 27.06.2017 um 14:03 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com>:
> > >
> > > well ServiceLoader doesn't work in OSGi in general - that's why we had that
old ProviderLocator but this one has the issue to not always be well shaded making classes
duplicated and leadind to issues too.

> > > I propose we let this vote pass and see if we can do better with more recent
versions of OSGi? Any OSGi guru able to help on it?

> > > Romain Manni-Bucau
> > > @rmannibucau |  Blog | Old Blog | Github | LinkedIn | JavaEE Factory

> > > I just looked, the implementation of ServiceLoader is different for SeContainerInitializer
and CDIProvider.

> > > https://github.com/apache/geronimo-specs/blob/trunk/geronimo-jcdi_2.0_spec/src/main/java/javax/enterprise/inject/se/SeContainerInitializer.java#L47
> > >
> > > https://github.com/apache/geronimo-specs/blob/trunk/geronimo-jcdi_2.0_spec/src/main/java/javax/enterprise/inject/spi/CDI.java#L54
> > >
> > > I know the latter does not work on OSGi environments, it relies on TCCL.
> > >
> > > John
> > >

> > > On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 7:38 AM Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:
> > > Hi Guillaume!
> > >
> > > I totally agree, but does this really block this release?
> > > I just moved over the OSGi setup from jcdi-1.1 and changed the versions.
> > > Is there any OSGi related bug I did overlook or is the support so far not enough?
> > >
> > > Would it work for you to get this version out of the door and then ship some
patches which improve OSGi support?
> > > I'd happy to also work on improved OSGi support over at OpenWebBeans.
> > > But that's kind of 'improvement' and not a blocker for a release again imo,
isn't?

> > > LieGrue,
> > > strub

way or not include OSGi support.  The current state (OSGi metadata, but no way to find the
provider) is not very satisfying imho.

binary compatible with the official artifact (signature comparison passed).