geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Eduardo Garcia <gcont...@cibinetonline.com>
Subject Re: [DICSUSS] the future direction of the Apache Geronimo project
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 19:49:09 GMT
I think Geronimo worth a chance to be updated.  There are not that much
OSGi enable application servers out there, and this one is pretty
stable.  I think the first steps toward a new version would include a
rethink of its architecture, considering how the projects used by
Geronimo are evolving right now (Karaf, Aries, Commons, etc.) and
current market trends, including new interesting features (cloud enabled
micro-version of Geronimo perhaps, OSGi annotations, small footprint,
etc).  One of the things people are concern in open source is short live
of projects.  Geronimo has been there for a while, so there is another
good reason to keep pumping this project.

It would be appreciated any docs helping the process of updating
Geronimo, besides at this point, it could be needed a "from zero" start
due long time without an official release, in order to start a proof of
concept.