geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david.a.jen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: More on Yoko
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2017 23:36:05 GMT
As far as my experiments have shown, I can’t modify the git commit messages to include the
jira issue numbers I created to match the commits without completely losing the git branch
structure.

Therefore I’d like to simply try to merge the ibm contributions directly and put the git
commit hashes into the jira issues.  Hopefully I can do this without problems from Alan’s
update of the NOTICE file :-)

Thoughts? Objections?

thanks
david jencks

work we did on yoko publicly accessible, so it’s now at https://github.com/djencks/geronimo-yoko

>> Both Joe Chacko and Neil Richards have now filed ICLAs.  I somewhat doubt they will
have time to massage the existing commits, nor do I know if it’s possible to do without
linearizing git history.  I’m hoping to have time and energy to experiment with this.  At
worst I think we could put the git revision hashes into the Jira issues rather than the (preferable)
reverse.

>> I’ve seen some vague rumors lately that it’s possible to have some repos under
git and some under svn.  When I have a little more time I’d like to investigate this.  Do
we need  a vote to authorize changing the yoko repo to git?