geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: More on Yoko
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 12:57:36 GMT
should be fine.

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 17.01.2017 um 00:36 schrieb David Jencks <david.a.jencks@gmail.com>:
>
> As far as my experiments have shown, I can’t modify the git commit messages to include
the jira issue numbers I created to match the commits without completely losing the git branch
structure.

> Therefore I’d like to simply try to merge the ibm contributions directly and put the
git commit hashes into the jira issues.  Hopefully I can do this without problems from Alan’s
update of the NOTICE file :-)

the work we did on yoko publicly accessible, so it’s now at https://github.com/djencks/geronimo-yoko

>>> Both Joe Chacko and Neil Richards have now filed ICLAs.  I somewhat doubt they
will have time to massage the existing commits, nor do I know if it’s possible to do without
linearizing git history.  I’m hoping to have time and energy to experiment with this.  At
worst I think we could put the git revision hashes into the Jira issues rather than the (preferable)
reverse.

>>> I’ve seen some vague rumors lately that it’s possible to have some repos
under git and some under svn.  When I have a little more time I’d like to investigate this.
 Do we need  a vote to authorize changing the yoko repo to git?