geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PR Merge?
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2016 15:15:46 GMT
On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 10:55 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau
<rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:

>> TBH: I don't expect the implementation to ever change on a given
>> classLoader.
>>

> So you accept to not work for tomcat, tomee, geronimo, wildfly (ok they will
> not use that jar), karaf etc...? Point is a serious amount of users rely on
> redeployment so we have to support cleaning up somehow.

As Far as I know redeployment means a classLoader change. If you cache
per classLoader a redeployment will remove the old classLoader and add
a new one.

No applicaition server that I know will change loaded classes once the
classLoader is up.  Redeployments will remove the old classloader and
create a new one.

There are serious implications to the application server if that
doesn't work this way. So I doubt any application server would behave
differently.

I may be wrong, but this is what I have seen over the years.