geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PR Merge?
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 13:44:38 GMT

> The patch is caching it with a soft cache. Meaning the impl will go away
> when memory is needed and a class loader gone.

Leaking was not in term of memory but in term of impl (the API should
enable you to change the impl at each request if the classloader/app/bundle
changed)

> The performance of having to load the class on every operation is really
> heavy.

True but in an app you never do it multiple times using Json.xxxx but you
rely on jsonXXXFactory which is looked up only once. (that's how johnzon
mapper is implemented for instance)