geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PR Merge?
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2016 15:38:56 GMT

> > "Redeployments will remove the old classloader"
> >
> > this is were we "split" I suspect. This is not true since the key is a
> > classloader and classloader is the root of most of everything so GC is
> > rarely enough
> >

> With a WeakHashMap, the application server should release the
> classLoader once a redeployment occurs. This is how apache-commons do
> in a lot of places. Once a classLoader is released the element of the
> hashmap should go away.

Not sure I get you there, commons clearly doesn't take in charge any of
that but some containers can force some cleanup (not the other way around)
- at least for beansutils for instance.

> >> There are serious implications to the application server if that
> >> doesn't work this way. So I doubt any application server would behave
> >> differently.
> >>

> >> I may be wrong, but this is what I have seen over the years.
> >

> > Think we agree on what we want but disagree on what actually happens
> there.
> >
> > What about starting with the registry I proposed and enhance/fix it on
> > demand? Sounds like a compromise
> >

> I guess I don't understand your proposal.

Starting with a "leaking" WeakHashMap<ClassLoader, Provider> and see if
consumers are complaining.

It would solve your issue and I can make it working in tomee for instance