What's out on GitHub is taken for granted and can be forked and cloned as you know.

A POC must not be called javax.config without a JSR ever being proposed or accepted just to try out "how it feels".
When JSR 275 was stopped we took the ideas and working concepts to a new project "unitsofmeasurement.org" for almost 5 years, not just do a "rogue JSR".
Only when JSR 363 was approved we reused the namespace.

So as a POC call it "config" if you like but not "javax.config", "java.config" or "jdk.config" that implies a working JSR or parts of the JDK;-)

Cheers

Werner Keil | JCP Executive Committee Member, JSR 363 Co Spec Lead | Eclipse UOMo Lead, Babel Language Champion | Apache Committer

Twitter @wernerkeil | @UnitAPI | @JSR354 | @AgoravaProj | @DeviceMap | #DevOps | #EclipseUOMo

Skype werner.keil | Google+ gplus.to/wernerkeil

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 12:48 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:
Le 15 juil. 2016 00:46, "Werner Keil" <werner.keil@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Yes but neither at Apache nor elsewhere you can just go and declare "your
> JSR", this is unacceptable especially from the package space point.
> A JSR under "javax.something" is only allowed for an EG once a JSR was
> filed and approved by the Executive Committee.
>
> Mark is free to register any domain like "marksconfig.io" because .io is
> just hip now and used by everybody and declare that project on GitHub.
> If someone wishes to propose a new JSR, go ahead and do so under
> https://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/proposal but not like that ;-(
>
> Nobody did so, thus if it ever happened, any of the mentioned projects may
> be listed as "initial contribution", inspiration or whatever, but simply
> throwing something out there under javax.config is unconstructive, just
> because you you're unhappy with either Apache Commons Config, Typesafe
> Config, Spring Config, DeltaSpike Config or Tamaya.

It is a proposal/poc. Let s keep focus on real topic and dont flame Mark
yet on details

rmannibucau@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Tamaya is far beyond a JSR in design and impl. It is a promishing
product
> > but too opponiated to be a JSR today IMO. Config needs something
smaller.
> > DS solution is a pretty good start for that.
> >
> > Le 15 juil. 2016 00:33, "Oliver B. Fischer" <o.b.fischer@swe-blog.net> a
> > écrit :
> >
> > > I a little bit confused. As I know our common goal is to establish a
> > > configuration JSR based on Tamaya. I wouldn't like to see here a race
for
> > > the one how submits its JSR first....

> > Tamaya

> > MyFaces