geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Anatole Tresch <atsti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuration for Java SE and Java EE JSR
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2016 00:56:59 GMT
Hi all

Folks, calm down a bit. Neverthess what I really dislike, is

1) that after so much work done, and neither Mark nor Romain being actively
participating on the project the last months you raise your own initiative
without involving the other people here.
2) That the whole Tamaya project is too bis for a JSR is clear,
nevertheless the API part may be still small enough  (it is smaller than
the money JSR...). This was clearly stated from the start, just remember
this.
3) That you start your initiative outside of Tamaya, indirectly
damaging/ignoring the work done so far.

So, please collaborate with the guys here on the project, instead of
running your own thing. Without joining our forces things probably will not
be successful at all, which would be huge damage. There is much more
politics involved that you can ever imagine, ignoring that point is simply
naive IMO.

And the scope discussion basically is something to be taken within a JSR,
if we have one running...

Thanks, J
Anatole

--