geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuration for Java SE and Java EE JSR
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2016 07:31:06 GMT
Anatole/all,

Thanks for the feedback. I know how the likes of those at Oracle would (or
will) respond to this who also are half-way entangled between legal and
development. E.g. Jim Wright, who told JSRs like the one I lead with others
to use Apache 2.0 then only to declare the Apache license was incompatible
with OpenJDK and the JCP ;-|

Also John who has been helpful and very clear about Apache's legal views
and requirements towards Tamaya will know best, if it tolerates a fork of
Geronimo in the way Mark created it. I know, when former committers to
DeviceMap created a similar fork on GitHub they were told they may do so,
but not call it"org.apache" either.

I hope you guys can settle differences and work constructively together,
both at Apache, JCP or elsewhere.

Cheers,

Werner Keil | JCP Executive Committee Member, JSR 363 Co Spec Lead |
Eclipse UOMo Lead, Babel Language Champion | Apache Committer

Twitter @wernerkeil | @UnitAPI | @JSR354 | @AgoravaProj | @DeviceMap
| #DevOps | #EclipseUOMo
Skype werner.keil | Google+ gplus.to/wernerkeil