geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuration for Java SE and Java EE JSR
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2016 22:57:40 GMT
What's out on GitHub is taken for granted and can be forked and cloned as
you know.

A POC must not be called javax.config without a JSR ever being proposed or
accepted just to try out "how it feels".
When JSR 275 was stopped we took the ideas and working concepts to a new
project "unitsofmeasurement.org" for almost 5 years, not just do a "rogue
JSR".
Only when JSR 363 was approved we reused the namespace.

So as a POC call it "config" if you like but not "javax.config",
"java.config" or "jdk.config" that implies a working JSR or parts of the
JDK;-)

Cheers

Werner Keil | JCP Executive Committee Member, JSR 363 Co Spec Lead |
Eclipse UOMo Lead, Babel Language Champion | Apache Committer

Twitter @wernerkeil | @UnitAPI | @JSR354 | @AgoravaProj | @DeviceMap
| #DevOps | #EclipseUOMo
Skype werner.keil | Google+ gplus.to/wernerkeil

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 12:48 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Le 15 juil. 2016 00:46, "Werner Keil" <werner.keil@gmail.com> a écrit :
> >
> > Yes but neither at Apache nor elsewhere you can just go and declare "your
> > JSR", this is unacceptable especially from the package space point.
> > A JSR under "javax.something" is only allowed for an EG once a JSR was
> > filed and approved by the Executive Committee.
> >
> > Mark is free to register any domain like "marksconfig.io" because .io is
> > just hip now and used by everybody and declare that project on GitHub.
> > If someone wishes to propose a new JSR, go ahead and do so under
> > https://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/proposal but not like that ;-(
> >
> > Nobody did so, thus if it ever happened, any of the mentioned projects
> may
> > be listed as "initial contribution", inspiration or whatever, but simply
> > throwing something out there under javax.config is unconstructive, just
> > because you you're unhappy with either Apache Commons Config, Typesafe
> > Config, Spring Config, DeltaSpike Config or Tamaya.
> >

> It is a proposal/poc. Let s keep focus on real topic and dont flame Mark
> yet on details
>
> > Cheers,
> > Werner
> >

> > On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 12:36 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <
> rmannibucau@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Tamaya is far beyond a JSR in design and impl. It is a promishing
> product
> > > but too opponiated to be a JSR today IMO. Config needs something
> smaller.
> > > DS solution is a pretty good start for that.

> for

> > > Tamaya

OWB,