geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuration for Java SE and Java EE JSR
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2016 22:46:12 GMT
Yes but neither at Apache nor elsewhere you can just go and declare "your
JSR", this is unacceptable especially from the package space point.
A JSR under "javax.something" is only allowed for an EG once a JSR was
filed and approved by the Executive Committee.

Mark is free to register any domain like "marksconfig.io" because .io is
just hip now and used by everybody and declare that project on GitHub.
If someone wishes to propose a new JSR, go ahead and do so under
https://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/proposal but not like that ;-(

Nobody did so, thus if it ever happened, any of the mentioned projects may
be listed as "initial contribution", inspiration or whatever, but simply
throwing something out there under javax.config is unconstructive, just
because you you're unhappy with either Apache Commons Config, Typesafe
Config, Spring Config, DeltaSpike Config or Tamaya.

Cheers,
Werner