geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuration for Java SE and Java EE JSR
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2016 22:38:48 GMT
This is getting a bit confusing. Now we got

   - Apache Commons Config 2
   - Apache DeltaSpike Config (also with Mark being heavily involved)
   - Apache Tamaya based on
   - Java Configuration on GitHub (https://github.com/java-config)
   - Apache Geronimo Config ?

What's largely irritating and not constructive at all is, that Mark calls
his stuff "javax.config", there has neither been a JSR filed nor anything
else.

I announced to the JCP EC when asked about "Ideas for new JSRs" that aside
from other ideas like NoSQL Conguration management was among those we'd
hope to revisit.
Anatole was invited to talk about Tamaya or configuration in general, but
no JSR has been filed yet, therefore this "rogue" JSR by a self-declared
Spec Lead is not sanctioned by the JCP and must not be called
"javax.config" until at JSR was proposed and created.

Cheers,

Werner Keil | JCP Executive Committee Member, JSR 363 Co Spec Lead |
Eclipse UOMo Lead, Babel Language Champion | Apache Committer

Twitter @wernerkeil | @UnitAPI | @JSR354 | @AgoravaProj | @DeviceMap
| #DevOps | #EclipseUOMo
Skype werner.keil | Google+ gplus.to/wernerkeil