geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCache dependency
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2016 08:57:46 GMT
Le 28 mars 2016 10:15, "Dmitriy Setrakyan" <dsetrakyan@apache.org> a écrit :

> John,
>
> I am still a bit confused. I was talking about the version of the JCache
spec API, essentially only interfaces. The spec does not have any
implementation, nor implies that every project importing or depending on
the spec must be compliant with the spec.

> In my view implementation and TCK compliance are a different matter, and
it should be up to the project community itself to declare the compliance
with a certain spec and pass the TCK.

> Am I wrong?

Yes, while not passing sigtest practise is to not release 1.0.

> D.
>

> On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 9:01 AM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org>
wrote:

>> Dmitriy,
>>
>> I think what Romain is referring to is other TCKs.  Generally, geronimo
JAR versions don't reflect the version of spec that they implement.  There
may be alpha releases that match EDRs, or alphas that are based on the
final version but with minor tweaks.

spec. https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/blob/master/pom.xml#L131
>> It's feature complete, and Artemis passes the TCK, its just alpha2
because we haven't done a thorough enough job of making sure the API is
sane.

>> John
>>

>> On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 11:54 AM Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrakyan@apache.org>
wrote:

>>> Romain, I am not sure what you mean by not having access to TCK. Are
you talking about validating compatibility with JCAche using the TCK [1]?
In this case, Apache Ignite does pass the TCK. Moreover, the TCK seems to
be licensed under Apache 2.0 [2]. Can you please explain?

http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.geronimo.specs/geronimo-jcache_1.0_spec

is using
its
Apache