geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Yoko used in IBM WAS Liberty server
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 14:50:56 GMT
So sorry about the egregious delay in my reply.  :(

> On Jul 30, 2015, at 10:53 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> I am pleased to finally be able to announce that the Yoko orb is now used in IBM’s
WAS Liberty application server, the first EE 7 certified application server available for
use in production.

> As part of this effort several of us at IBM have made some bug fixes, enhancements, and
new features including

> - naming service that can be run on the “main” orb
> - support for newer java constructs such as enums and corba constructs such as the new
custom marshaling format
> - improved concurrency support
> - better osgi-ification
> - update to java 7

Wow, congrats!

> We finally have both time and approval to contribute these fixes back to apache.

Awesome!

> I’m going to start by opening jira issues for the code changes.  In addition I’d
like to suggest that we move yoko to git.

That sounds great.  I love git, but now you’re going to make me slog through those god forsaken
git threads; sigh, the things I do for the ASF.  Let’s plan on moving it to git.  By the
way, how will this affect our CI and TCK machinery?

Regards,
Alan