geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Yoko used in IBM WAS Liberty server
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 16:10:32 GMT

> On Nov 18, 2015, at 9:50 AM, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>
> So sorry about the egregious delay in my reply.  :(

I’ve been really busy too….

>> On Jul 30, 2015, at 10:53 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am pleased to finally be able to announce that the Yoko orb is now used in IBM’s
WAS Liberty application server, the first EE 7 certified application server available for
use in production.

>> As part of this effort several of us at IBM have made some bug fixes, enhancements,
and new features including

>> - naming service that can be run on the “main” orb
>> - support for newer java constructs such as enums and corba constructs such as the
new custom marshaling format
>> - improved concurrency support
>> - better osgi-ification
>> - update to java 7
>
> Wow, congrats!
>
>> We finally have both time and approval to contribute these fixes back to apache.
>
> Awesome!
>
>> I’m going to start by opening jira issues for the code changes.  In addition I’d
like to suggest that we move yoko to git.

> That sounds great.  I love git, but now you’re going to make me slog through those
god forsaken git threads; sigh, the things I do for the ASF.  Let’s plan on moving it to
git.  By the way, how will this affect our CI and TCK machinery?

Actually I have no idea.  I don’t remember a lot of CI infrastructure and if we had it it
is probably out of date by now and better replaced with e.g. jenkins or something.  As for
the TCK I’m not sure if we are even supposed to be running the EE 6 tests any more?  I never
really understood how the tck automation worked.

thanks
david jencks