geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Yoko used in IBM WAS Liberty server
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2015 17:53:56 GMT
I am pleased to finally be able to announce that the Yoko orb is now used in IBM’s WAS Liberty
application server, the first EE 7 certified application server available for use in production.

As part of this effort several of us at IBM have made some bug fixes, enhancements, and new
features including

- naming service that can be run on the “main” orb
- support for newer java constructs such as enums and corba constructs such as the new custom
marshaling format
- improved concurrency support
- better osgi-ification
- update to java 7

We finally have both time and approval to contribute these fixes back to apache.

I’m going to start by opening jira issues for the code changes.  In addition I’d like
to suggest that we move yoko to git.  After the commits are visible I’m going to suggest
that we invite the people who did the heavy lifting here, Joe Chacko and Neil Richards, as
committers.

many thanks
david jencks