Hi,

I am trying to use jvisualvm (profiling tool included to JDK) to check application performance on Geronimo v3.0.

I use JDK 1.7.0_71. App is web service oriented. However I can’t connect to server through visualvm correctly.

Jfluid-server.jar is added to bootstrap classpath, xms, xmx and maxpermsize increased sufficiently, process of app in visualvm is visible.

After connecting to it, depending on what I profile I get following errors:

-start profiling from webservice (request through soapUI):

ERROR AxisEngine javax.xml.bind.JAXBException:

MY_CLASS is not known to this context

-start profiling from business layer:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/netbeans/lib/profiler/server/ProfilerRuntimeCPUFullInstr

which belongs to Jfluid-server.jar, so it is not visible to server.

I know that on JBoss it was enough to add to VM argmuents following entry:

-Djboss.modules.system.pkgs=org.netbeans.lib.profiler.server

The "jboss.modules.system.pkgs" property tells JBoss Modules to allow the "com.profiler" classes to be found from any class loader, which is essential to allow the JProfiler agent to run.

I can’t find anything adequate:

http://geronimo.apache.org/GMOxDOC30/system-properties.html

Question: Is it possible to connect via jvisualvm to app on Geronimo and if yes, what should I change?

kindest regards,

Marcin Wietecha
DTP Software Developer

Jeppesen | Gdansk | www.jeppesen.com