geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: State of JAX-RS 2.0 spec
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2015 14:39:53 GMT

> On Mar 24, 2015, at 10:24 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> bundle manifest is surely not correct - think nobody tested it in osgi yet

Most likely cause those using JAX-RS 2.0 in OSGi are using the servicemix bundle:

org.apache.servicemix.specs.jsr339-api-2.0

which is based on the reference impl jar.   At least that’s what CXF is using.

Dan

> but for other use cases it should be fine. Sources were written @apache (and just compared
to the spec, not copied from the spec) so we shouldnt need to add the RI in the notice AFAIK.

> Romain Manni-Bucau
> @rmannibucau |  Blog | Github | LinkedIn | Tomitriber

> Hello,
>
> I noticed that the JAX-RS Spec Pom is not listed on the Maven site (http://geronimo.apache.org/maven/specs/index.html
under "Modules"). When I look into the source repository I see in the POM that it puts "1.1"
in the Bundle manifest and OSGi exports. So I wonder if this project is already "production
ready" or abandoned.

> Another question, the NOTICE file does not mention anything about the source of the code.
Is it typically decided that there is no need to mention the license of the spec PDFs or the
RI files?

--
Daniel Kulp