geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Marcin Wietecha <marcin.wiete...@jeppesen.com>
Subject Geronimo and jvisualvm
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 15:02:59 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to use jvisualvm (profiling tool included to JDK) to check application performance
on Geronimo v3.0.
I use JDK 1.7.0_71. App is web service oriented. However I can't connect to server through
visualvm correctly.
Jfluid-server.jar is added to bootstrap classpath, xms, xmx and maxpermsize increased sufficiently,
process of app in visualvm is visible.

After connecting to it, depending on what I profile I get following errors:
-start profiling from webservice (request through soapUI):
ERROR AxisEngine javax.xml.bind.JAXBException:
MY_CLASS is not known to this context
-start profiling from business layer:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/netbeans/lib/profiler/server/ProfilerRuntimeCPUFullInstr
which belongs to Jfluid-server.jar, so it is not visible to server.

I know that on JBoss it was enough to add to VM argmuents following entry:
-Djboss.modules.system.pkgs=org.netbeans.lib.profiler.server
The "jboss.modules.system.pkgs" property tells JBoss Modules to allow the "com.profiler" classes
to be found from any class loader, which is essential to allow the JProfiler agent to run.

I can't find anything adequate:
http://geronimo.apache.org/GMOxDOC30/system-properties.html

Question: Is it possible to connect via jvisualvm to app on Geronimo and if yes, what should
I change?

kindest regards,
Marcin Wietecha
DTP Software Developer