geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: geronimo websocket
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2014 17:03:06 GMT
That would certainly be the place to start.  I don't know anything about web sockets in tomcat,
do you have to configure tomcat to turn on the support?  Geronimo rewrote the tomcat configuration
mechanism so most likely the method of configuration would have to be added to the geronimo
config code.

thanks
david jencks
On Oct 29, 2014, at 1:48 AM, Zhi Xie <daxiezhi@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,David. Tomcat support WebSocket from 7.0.27. The Tomcat in Geronimo 3.0.1 is 7.0.39.
So it means geronimo can support WebSocket. Just there are some work in geronimo side to do,
such as geronimo-tomcat7 module. Right?

> Thanks David,
>
> Can you please provide some guide on how to go about doing the integration? Excuse my
apparent ignorance, but this area is completely new to me.

> 1. where/which/what are the integration points for tomcat?
> E.g any initialization/routines/library calls aside the vanila tomcat itself?
> 2. Gotchas to be aware of
> 3. Tips to ensure standards compliance
>
> Many thanks
>

> From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
> Subject	Re: geronimo websocket
> Date	Mon, 22 Sep 2014 17:54:15 GMT
> I don't think anyone is actively working on the geronimo server at the moment (happy
to be
> proven wrong….). Options I can think of are:
>
> - integrate a more recent tomcat yourself, hopefully providing patches.
>
> - use karaf with jetty
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>

> On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 2:35 PM, dad <gnetbusy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are doing osgi development on geronimo 3.01 currently and we need to be able to use
websocket. We understand the current tomcat bundled with geronimo does not have websocket
implementation. So we'd like to know what the plans are to make websocket available in geronimo.